Monday 23 March 2015

OUGD502: Online Presence

Over the past few months I have been utilising LinkedIn and Behance more, as the need to connect and interact with other designers becomes more necessary. I've also updated my portfolio on Behance and set up a temporary site powered by Cargo Collective for my photography.  Eventually I hope to have a working website with a custom URL, however for now I feel this isn't necessary for my work as I don't have many finalised projects I am happy with and need to buy my domain.  I have looked into Squarespace for this and feel this is the best site to go with as it allows you to publish the website with no charge and use a custom URL.

I am yet to add more information to my Linked In profile, however this is something that will come with time, especially if I get any work experience which will be invaluable to add into my background and summary as a designer.  I can already see the benefits of using Linked In as a professional, and have found many interesting articles on the site through the people I'm connected with.



My behance portfolio includes my latest collaborative project with Dan and Mo for Airbnb set by D&AD. My areas of focus on here involve editorial design, illustration, lettering, drawing and photography. I recently replaced my image with the grey version of my logo to maintain simplicity and establish a brand image on this platform, which can be used across others as well.




My behance has a link to my cargo page which lists a few photographic projects from the last couple of years.  It is only temporary and I plan to set up a website powered by sqaurespace in the next few months, where I will be able to list more work and use a custom domain.









I'm still updating my tumblr blog with everyday photographs I take on my phone. This is primarily to keep a log of what inspires me in terms of design and colours, and provides a way I can refer back to the photos as and when I need.

Below is how the site used to look, but I wasn't happy with the large header and info box at the top of the page. The recently re-jigged layout is underneath, which I rearranged so the photos are the prominent feature and the first thing the user can see on the site.  The info is pushed to the right side and remains fixed when scrolling, which the previous design didn't.




Reviewed blog design:





No comments:

Post a Comment