Thursday 12 March 2015

OUGD502: Working with clients

I recently worked with a student at the college to create her personal logo.  I was able to work in close proximity with Ailish when making the design decisions, which speeded up the process enormously as a face to face interaction with the client allowed me to get a much clearer idea of what she wanted the end result to look like. The logo will be printed on her promotional material and business cards, and has been used as just the lettered logo for certain products such as cards with the client's print on the front.
Shown below is full logo and print out of it on Ailish's cards. It's nice to see the logo applied to the client's work and on a physical print.








Another brief I have also undertaken was to create the logo for a photography student at the college who practices both photography and video work.  I enjoyed working with this client as he was understanding of my design decisions as well as being firm with the style that he wanted, which ended with a compromised result which I am happy with.  We spoke online about what the client wanted and any changes that needed to be made throughout the development process, which I found as a suitable way of communicating for what was required in the job.


I feel that I could have progressed with this brief a lot further and acted more professionally by sending the client proofs of the logo mocked up on his photographs, on business cards and with more variations that I would narrow down to ones that I as the designer thought worked best.  This is something I can work on in the future by exploring my options as much as I can.

Since this brief I have seen the logo utilised on the client's work, including at the start and end of his videos, and on his photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment