Saturday 7 March 2015

OUGD502: Ones to watch exhibition 06/03

Recently I submitted several photos to the Ones2Watch exhibition running from 6th March to 19th April 2015.  I was selected to exhibit, so began choosing which photographs I wanted to show.

In preparation for the exhibition, I bought 5 black wooden frames and some white mount board to present the printed photos.  I hand cut the mount boards to the size of the prints, making sure all portrait and both landscape were exactly the same size.


 


I was required to send a short artist statement and titles of work over to Ryan who helped curate the exhibition, as well as a price for each photo if they are to sell.  I decided on £55 as my price per photograph, taking into account the frame cost, print cost, time to produce, mount board cost, and transport expenses (to deliver to the gallery).  I also had to bear in mind that the gallery takes 30% commission on any sale. When I delivered the photographs, Ryan advised to raise the price to £65 as he thought they had a chance of selling.

The opening night of the exhibition on the 6th March saw a big turnout and was filled with artwork from many disciplines created by students at three colleges in Leeds. I was able to see other photographer's, sculptor's, and printmaker's work which has broadened my knowledge of what other creatives are producing in the local area.  Sunny Bank Mills has a great open exhibition space and I'm glad I was chosen to show my work there as it's been one of the first exhibitions I've been a part of.






No comments:

Post a Comment