Monday 16 March 2015

OUGD502: Lo Siento Studio

Lo Siento is a studio in Barcelona who's work I'm very fond of.  Their projects are conceptual and have high quality, well executed designs, and I think I could learn a lot if I were to visit the studio or get a placement there.  This studio really appeals to me and although I would like to contact them sooner, I am going to wait until my personal branding and online portfolio is more complete as it is something I would like to use to show examples of my work.


An element of this website that is clever and draws further attention to the typographic logo is it's transparency showing images underneath as the page is scrolled.



I love that a lot of their work is primarily hands on production which obviously shows that the staff work off screen which is something I am very interested in doing more of.  Producing work away from the laptop increases creativity and personally I feel that I would work better making my design rather than creating it digitally from the beginning; this is the case for hand lettering which I've brought into my practice recently. Some examples I particularly like:


Notebook series design




Poster for photography exhibition 




Wax lettering for wine brand





Pasta packaging






It is looking likely that I will aim to contact them towards the middle of April, which I feel leaves a good amount of time between then and late summer which is when I would be available to fly out to the studio.  Even if I only visit I would be appreciative, although a few week placement here in Barcelona would be ideal to further my experience and studies in a range of design.

I have also thought about sending something physical to the studio with an intriguing concept or feature rather than an email that may get missed or scrolled past amongst others. I plan to send a selection of my work along with the promotional pack I'm creating for this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment