Saturday 18 April 2015

OUGD502: Promo Pack

My promotional pack will contain a letter using my letterhead template, creative CV, the lettering booklet and samples of my work including my Feathr designs.  I will also put two business cards in each colour version.

The singular Feathr samples I included were printed smaller than A4 and cropped with a small border. I also included my signature and date on the back allowing the samples to work as individual pieces that could be displayed elsewhere which would remind people of my work.

Unfortunately I had to print the packaging for my material at a smaller size than A4 which meant the booklet of my work wouldn't fit in it, however when I print again I plan to produce it at a larger size. The diagonal cross bar of the ampersand from my logo is perforated which allows the potential employer to separate the sealed cover and opens up to reveal all my work inside.

I also should reconsider the stock choice because when I sealed the pack over the card was slightly too thin to hold a solid structure at the top half of the box.  Cardboard would be more appropriate for this as well as being more economical if I sourced some recycled material.

I intended to create a device that meant the pack could be refastened so it would store my work and be of a nice enough quality for studios to want to keep.












The portfolio booklet I made focuses on hand lettering and typographic briefs, showcasing summaries of the briefs I have encountered, including self initiated projects, and then miscellaneous lettering I have been practicing over the past year.  This is so I can show this to potential employers when they ask for a portfolio of work, and it also shows my bookbinding skills and a touch on editorial design, which I am also interested in.






Ideally I would have liked to spray the edges of my business cards, as they are on mount board there would be a substantial amount of space to cover which would make the edges a bit nicer.  When I print these again I also noted that I need to increase the weight of 'design & art' on the logo so it is readable against the coloured backgrounds.  Ultra light works against the white but not for the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment