Tuesday 14 April 2015

OUGD502: Promo Pack Research

After seeing a project on Behance that included a hand made package design, I contacted the owner to get some extra information about the details of his design. I wanted to relate this to the packaging I'm making for my promo pack, to see what the most suitable weight of card or cardboard would be to ensure the box is protective and durable, while still folding well.





This printing studio in Spain has created some interesting projects relating to typography, so it may be an idea to send them a promo pack in hope for work experience with them.



I was also inspired by the packaging fedrigoni have used to hold "pulp" publication which I received last month. The perforated section allows the user to rip open the outer shell which I thought was a good way of engaging with the package. I want to incorporate an element like this in my own promo pack, though one Feature I would improve is that it doesn't fasten again which would be good for storage. 




I worked out a net for my pack cover which shows the bottom half stuck down to hold everything in and the top lifts up once the perforated edge is ripped across. 





No comments:

Post a Comment