Monday 20 April 2015

OUGD502: End of module evaluation

Throughout my second year and especially the PPP module I have researched and improved my knowledge on the business side of graphic design as well as how studios work, giving me an insight into the industry and what can be achieved.  This is something I plan to continue doing over the summer with the hope to get a placement or experience working similarly.  The business start up 

By completing external briefs for clients I've gained experience working as a freelance designer and know the best ways to work to suit what the client wants.  I also spoke to several lettering artists who I look up to, to find out how they work with clients and what the best ways to convey ideas and sketches is.

This year I feel that I have improved significantly as a designer and completing a range of briefs that test my skills in different areas of graphic design has allowed me to develop a broader sense of what I can achieve.  Specifically focusing my time to hand lettering I have seen improvements in this area since last year when my interest for this began.  Since then I have completed several briefs involving hand drawn type which has furthered what I can produce using this skill.  These have been mainly logos and I've found this is something I enjoy doing and could consider delving more into branding in third year.


My online presence is something I have improved on a lot this year having uploaded a more substantial portfolio to Behance.  I’ve also engaged a lot more with LinkedIn which has proved to be a really good way of connecting with other designers and artists though I still have a lot to improve my presence on this network. Creating my branding and promo pack was a brief I really enjoyed in this module and feel this has given me a better idea of how I could contact studios in the near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment