Saturday 21 May 2016

OUGD602: My brand; myself as an artist and designer

With Goat Collective being my main branding, I was unsure of how to brand myself and even think it unnecessary to have a logo or specific brand identity as I want my relationship with clients to be informal, and I have Goat branding to put myself under when seeking professional work or sending invoices which require brand design, all of which we have done within branding Goat Collective.

I've been keeping an updated online portfolio via Instagram of my calligraphy / lettering / typography journey as a graphic designer. My account now has over 2000 followers and I post regularly to keep a constant stream of work which shows I am dedicated to my profession.




I also post some of the same imagery on a tumblr account I have for the same purpose, but targeting an audience on a different platform. The design theme I have for this focuses on the images as main content with a  side bar on the right for more information and links to other portfolio and contact details. Linked on this is my parallel tumblr account which I post iPhone photography of everyday design in life, which is more of a personal archive to me of compositions and visuals I find interesting but it is also keeping my photography practice.



These two blogs have the same design layout as it keeps the branding for my work consistent on tumblr.

Another account I hold on tumblr keeps a log of all my typography inspiration I photograph myself, which I can refer back to when I am looking for inspiration. I haven't been as good at updating this as the others but its something I want to continue posting and updating in future.


A more formal portfolio of full projects is on my Behance account where I engage with other studios and artists as well as linking some projects to the Goat Collective behance page too.



No comments:

Post a Comment