Saturday 12 December 2015

OUGD602: Social Networks

At the moment I have a Behance page displaying a few projects spanning photography, lettering, graphic design and portrait sketches, though I plan to update this with fuller projects and logo designs during this year as I complete more extensive projects.




One social media site I am utilising more is Instagram, and I started up a page dedicated to typography/calligraphy/lettering over the summer. On this I post videos and photos of my work and it is a good way of keeping a log of small pieces of work, sketches and development, as well as becoming a portfolio of work.




Another outlet for my typography related stuff I use is Tumblr, basically just extending what I post on to another platform. I just choose a selection of images and videos that I post on Instagram. (Below; mobile version & desktop)







While I am promoting my own work individually, a main focus is to promote our collective and utilising all social media sites we occupy is the best way to do this. We have spoken with several influential people who have helped us to engage with this better, including representatives of Independent Leeds and other artistic areas.

Scheduling posts and tweeting several times a day is important to keep followers engaged, so we have been trying to continue with this over the past few months.

The sites we use the most include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and full projects we complete collaboratively are uploaded on to our Behance page.







No comments:

Post a Comment