Saturday 5 December 2015

OUGD602: Live Art @ LCA Christmas Party

Recently I took part in Live artwork at the LCA Christmas party at Studio 24. It was good to see the space and bare it in mind as a possibility for future Goat exhibitions. I wanted to create a design with some relevance to Christmas, and my current calligraphy practice has been in the form of circles so decided to go with this to gain further practice and experience doing a larger scale piece on a wooden board I acquired.



The design I pursued contained text taken from a passage in the Bible, reinforcing it's often forgotten significance with Christmas, a christmas song lyric and the words 'christmas' and 'merry christmas', all in different calligraphic styles which contrast and together make a unified design as a whole.



Development // Colour testing on Photoshop

Rather than using the colours I did the initial sketch in I wanted to use hues more relevant to the christmas theme. To test these out quickly rather than creating loads of sketches which would inevitably use up a lot of time, I took the design to photoshop and used the fill tool to get an idea of what different colours would look like on each layer.







At the event \\ process shots \\








This gave me great experience doing live artwork which is something I want to pursue at festivals and other events throughout the year and later on in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment