Sunday 14 February 2016

OUGD602: Sign painting HPBC

I was recently asked to paint a sign on the side of a small box which would be used at a burger van. The brief was fairly simple and required me to paint "Hyde Park Book Club". I chose the same colour scheme as the shop, red and white, and attempted to replicate the typeface used on their menus to provide brand consistency.




I tested painting red straight on to the grey box, however the colour didn't contrast that well and was difficult to see against the darker tone. To solve this problem I painted a white underlay for each letter, which made the red paint much more vibrant and visible.

After painting 'hyde park' over in red, the bottom line was still in white and I decided this worked to distinguish the location with the type of business it is, so left 'book club' in white. White shadow outline added to the red text to add something extra to the design making it a bit more interesting, and further bringing forward the red text.


No comments:

Post a Comment